Alison

Alison
Beautiful Granddaughter

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

ROCKS

On the West side of our house, grass will not grow because of the trees and the slope of the land. Every time it rained a more dirt washed away and ditches got deeper. About year ago I got a few rocks and placed them from the property line to about 3 feet up the hill. These rocks stopped the washing and loosing of dirt but the area between the rocks and the driveway still could not grow grass and really looked bad. My friends Coy and Lora harvested some rocks from his acerage in Eastern Oklahoma. He loaded them into his trailer and sent me home with lots of rocks. Within 24 hours I had the rocks unloaded and placed on the ground. I moved some of the old rocks so the different rocks would not be so noticable. I completed the rock placement last night about 9:30 PM. I was very hot and tired but I thought it looked good.

I got up this morning and looked again and was very happy with the way the rocks looked. It not only looks great but it will stop the washing away of the dirt.

When parking on the West side of the driveway and got out of the car, it was quite a drop from the edge of the driveway and the dirt. Looked ugly too. Now when youo get out of a car on the edge of the drive the rocks, which are really solid, will give you a place to stand. Will not get muddy in the rain.





Thanks to Coy and Lora the dirty old wash out is now looking good.

1 comment:

  1. WOW your project looks amazing!!!! Just love it....and your hostas....looks like the rocks were meant for just that location. So glad we could help! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Retired Oklahoma City Police Officer. Currently a database administrator for the City of Edmond.