Alison

Alison
Beautiful Granddaughter

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Farmers Market

JG wanted to go to Farmers Market, get some groceries. This weekend one of the local farmers was there selling beef. We have had their beef before and it is really good so JG wanted to get five pounds of roast. After eating breakfast with the faimly, I came home and went to sleep. Benita woke me up a little before 10 AM telling me we were late going to the market. JG, Lady and I got into my truck and we headed to the Farmers Market on the OSUOKC campus on Portland. When we arrived I told JG I wanted to play with Lady while she went inside to purchase her items.



JG agreed and went to the market by herself. Lady is not allowed inside the market so we walked around outside while JG was in shopping.



Lady and I walked to the front of the building. There was only one vendor outside. There are usuallt four or five outside. I thought maybe this week there would not be very many vendors inside. On the way home JG said the market was full inside.







JG and I have been to this Farmers Market many times before and I knew the farmer that sold the beef parked his trailer in the back of the building. Lady and I walked to the rear of the building to wait on her.


In a few minutes JG came out the back door with her bag to purchase the beef. She did not see Lady and I because she was focused on getting her shopping done.
JG looked at the beef and talked to the lady who was selling her the beef. JG went inside the trailer and looked some more in there In a few minutes she came out of the trailer and went back inside the market. I don't think she ever knew Lady and I were watching her.









I didn't know how long she was going to stay in the market so I walked Lady over to a park area to wait. On the way we saw a tree that just started to bloom. That means wenter is over. We should not have too many days of cold.




I sat down on a picnic table and let lady go as far as the leash would let her. We didn't waite very long before JG came out of the market and walked over to us. She showed me she purchased some local honey I love. I put the sack in the back of my pickup and we started back home.
It was a beautiful day in Oklahoma. I am glad it was warm so I could stay outside with Lady.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the picture of the tree, its very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Retired Oklahoma City Police Officer. Currently a database administrator for the City of Edmond.